Monday 10 February 2014

Christian Music Corner: Stavesacre

Stavesacre seems all but forgotten nowadays. Although they were never big like Creed or P.O.D., they consistently put out excellent music from 1995 to 2009. Stavesacre was formed by members of the crossover thrash/punk band The Crucified, as well as members of hardcore punk bands The Blamed and focused. But their musical style doesn't really reflect much of the thrash or punk origins, instead going for more of a hard-rock sound more in the veins of Project 86 and... well, I'm not really sure. It's hard to categorize Stavesacre or offer a similar band for comparison. So, as with my previous posts, I'll just link to some of their songs and let you judge for yourself.
Here's a song from their first album, titled "Threshold":
From their second album, here's "Colt .45":
From their third (also my favorite) album, here's "Sundown Motel":
Also from their third album, here's "Gold and Silver":
From their 4th album, here's "Witch Trial":
From their 5th and final album, here's "The Trouble With Being Born":
Like with other posts, if you don't like one song, try another. There's quite a variety out there, and many of their songs are available on YouTube for your listening pleasure. Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I was always fond of "keep waiting". Love that song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep Waiting is an excellent song. Like I said, "Speakeasy" is one of my favorite albums by Stavesacre. I especially love the songs "Minuteman", "Sundown Motel", "Keep Waiting", and "Gold & Silver". If I were to recommend an album to start with, it would be that one.

      Delete