Friday 30 November 2012

Jake Bugg

After reading NME's top 50 albums of the year, I decided to listen to the bands I had not heard of before.  There was one artist who really stuck out and I have just fallen in love with, and that is Jake Bugg.  His self-titled album was ranked #9 on their list.  The genre is folk/country and to me that is partially right.  His sound reminds me of some oldies and I think that is the main appeal.  It's a sound that has been done, but he adds his own touch to it.  Listen for yourself and let me know what you think.

Here's his music video for, "Two Fingers."


However, I do love the tracks "Seen it All" and "Note to Self."

4 comments:

  1. Wow, he sounds really great! he reminds me of the bands of British invasion...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listetning to the album now and it's brilliant :) Sounds like Bob Dylan mixed with Oasis, if that was even possible... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are enjoying it! After listening to this and finally listening to The 2nd Law by Muse, I am making some changes to my AOTY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D I'm reconsidering the list as well.

    ReplyDelete