Saturday 15 January 2011

Favourite Best of albums, part II

Obligatory link to the first part.

Your New Favourite Band
The Hives
It's rather unusual when a band releases greatest hits compilation before they even have a hit. But these ever so ridiculously boastful garage rock revivalists did it and it paid them off. Your New Favourite Band features twelve songs from each of their previous full-lengths and the A.K.A. I-D-I-O-T EP and is one of the essential rock albums of the 2000's. It was the first thing I heard from them and somewhere between the initial "Wtf?" and the subsequent "Haha, awesome!" they really became my favourite band. You simply gotta love those phenomenal guitar riffs and Pelle Almquist's unmistakable howling. Hopefully, their new album will come out soon. I can't wait...

Hate to Say I Told You So


Ring of Fire: The Legend of Johnny Cash
Johnny Cash
I've never been very fond of country. Actually, I hated it for at least half of my life... But man, this is Johnny Cash. Even the most confirmed country haters have to respect him for what he's accomplished. This album might not contain everything essential from those 1000+ songs Cash recorded, but as a highlight from his long career spanning for nearly fifty years, it works very well.


Hurt (Nine Inch Nails cover)


Ring of Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment