Monday 24 June 2013

Jimmy Eat World at Lucerna Music Bar

On Saturday, June 22nd, I finally had the chance to see my all time favourite band in person. Jimmy Eat World returned to Czech Republic almost two years after their last appearance on Rock for People festival, and as far as I know, this makes it their third concert here in total.

The band kicked off the show almost precisely at 8 p.m. in a no-time-to-lose manner, and continued the furious pace throughout the evening, playing 21 songs in about 85 minutes. Personally, I could hardly imagine a better setlist. If you're interested, check it out here. From what I've heard from friends and read on social networks, reactions were unanimously enthusiastic. Needless to say, I loved it and was left almost speechless (and deaf) at the end. You can take a look at the photos here and here. And that guy that you don't see in the second row? That's me. :)

3 comments:

  1. I saw JEW once live in '08, co-headlining with Paramore. Was a big fan back then, and remember loving the set and the energy. They even played '23' as a closer, which was pretty special to see. Glad you got to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JEW concerts never disappoint! Love the photos and the venue looks amazing. I love venues like that and bet it added to the experience. The setlist looks phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the venue is great, there were about 500-600 people in there...

    ReplyDelete