Tuesday 9 April 2013

Demons

The National belong to the rare kind of bands that get better with every album, and their last release is the kind of a record that gets better with every listen. That said, High Violet is one of the best albums of the last few years. The only reason I don't listen to it more often is because I'm afraid it would knock The Suburbs off the top spot. I have no reason to believe their newest effort isn't gonna continue the trend. Here is the first single, Demons. The album Trouble Will Find Me comes out May 20. Thoughts?



Edit, Friday 12th:
And here's another one. Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. Song is not bad, I do like his vocals. Sadly, I own both albums, High Violets and The Suburbs, but have only listened to them once. I just haven't been able to get into them yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing with both these albums is, I didn't like them very much at first either, but they grew on me like any other. Especially High Violet takes some time getting into, as well as the rest of their albums, but once you're in, you can't get out. The songs might sound boring and dull at first, but then you slowly start to realise there's a lot going on underneath... At least that was my case.

    And I honestly thing The Suburbs is the greatest album of the last decade, it's just monumental. But, you know, every man to his taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to know that I wasn't the only one who didn't love the albums right away! I will give it time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or maybe the new album will win you over... :D

    ReplyDelete