Thursday 10 January 2013

Where Are We Now

Let's kick off the year with the best possible news...

So I've been listening to a lot of David Bowie lately. Partly thanks to the movie The Perks of Being a Wallflower, in which his song Heroes plays an important role.

Coincidentally, few days ago, David Bowie released a new single and announced his first album in ten years. According to Bowie's producer Tony Visconti, the new album, The Next Day, will have "rock" sound, and that makes me beyond stoked. The video is weird, to say the least, but it's still pretty good. The music, on the other hand, is simply brilliant. Bowie hasn't aged a day. And if this melancholic and retrospective track is of any indication, we have much to look forward to.



Thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. This is probably something sad to admit... I've never really listened to David Bowie. I think the only songs I've really listened to, are the ones from the movie, "The Labyrinth."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, me neither, not until recently, I was getting into the 70s music and Bowie was next in the line... If you wanna start with Bowie, than I guess you should check out Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars first. It's reaaally good. :) By the way, what about The Byrds?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far they are enjoyable, but haven't been listening to them a lot :( Still love all their singles, but hoping to listen to them more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's weird because I've been listening to Linkin Park more lately. I haven't listened to them in such a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't since their last album came out, I save them for parties :D Strangely, they're the only band that everyone agrees on in the end... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny how things like that work out!

    ReplyDelete