Wednesday 24 October 2012

Christian Music Corner: The Violet Burning

The Violet Burning is one of those odd cases in music. They prefer not to be called a "Christian Band", and yet, a lot of their music embodies everything that Christian music should be. But at the same time, it's completely different from anything in the worship music genre/scene/whatever. Ever since their debut album way back in 1989, "The Violets", as they're nicknamed, have been putting out powerful music. It's really hard to pin down one or two bands they sound like, so I'll just post a few of my favorites and let you judge for yourself:





This song reminds me of the band Filter. Especially the song "Nice Shot".



And here's a song from their most recent album. Very reminiscent of Smashing Pumpkins, if you ask me!



Of course, the songs I posted were just a drop in the bucket of TVB's music. They have 13 albums, and I've only heard songs from 4 or 5 of those. I'd recommend checking them out, and if one album doesn't "get" you, try another! You may fall in love!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is very good, thanks for sharing. The first couple songs sound like they fell straight out of the 80s. :) By the way, speaking about christian bands, what do you think about the new Anberlin album, Sam?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man! I have not heard much of their new album. I'm anxious to hear the rest. But knowing Anberlin, it'll be awesome.

    ReplyDelete