Thursday 3 May 2012

Generation Freakshow

I got into the Welsh rock band Feeder during their Silent Cry era. I loved that album, but I wasn't quite following them since, because, in all honesty, their next output, Renegades, was less than memorable. By the end of April, though, the band came back with their eighth full-length. So, how good is it?



Well, I'm glad to say Generation Freakshow a very solid record and a comeback of sorts. It's perhaps not that daring compared to their older material but Feeder confidently stick to what they do best, and in their early forties, they still do it with passion. The radio anthems Borders and Idaho are certainly the high points there, but the record keeps a very high standart for the whole duration. More then twenty years in their career, Feeder are definitely still a band worth keeping an eye on.

Best tracks: Borders, Idaho, Generation Freakshow

1 comment:

  1. I saw feeder play at Astoria in London back in 08. One of my most memorable shows I saw live while living there, aside from Fightstar. The energy was amazing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ1kEqlfkSg

    As for the new CD, I like it, but it's pretty hit/miss for me. They will never top "pushing the senses" in my book.

    ReplyDelete