Thursday 6 October 2011

Electric Light Orchestra

Today, while watching David Tennant's Doctor Who episodes, one of the characters confessed to a love of a band I've never even heard of. Not sure how this could happen, because according to Wikipedia, Electric Light Orchestra (or ELO for short) "collected 19 CRIA, 21 RIAA and 38 BPI awards, and sold over 50 million records worldwide during the group's active period of recording and touring." Obviously, they were one of the biggest bands of the 1970s. Discovering them just made my day.


Hit the jump to hear some songs...

Don't Bring Me Down


Mr. Blue Sky

5 comments:

  1. That is astonishing that you've never heard of ELO. They were one of my favorite bands, and although I mostly listen to Christian music now, I still love listening to their songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess they're generally not so well known over here... :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still in Czech Republic, it's in my profile info...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It just weird I never heard of them, neither on TV, nor in a movie, never mentioned by the media/websites I follow, never listed among the favourite bands by anyone...

    Well, it could have, but I never noticed.

    ReplyDelete