Wednesday 26 October 2011

The Buzzhorn reunion

Well, I'm very happy to announce that The Buzzhorn are reuniting.

Who are they? A little known band that once had a song on Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 game soundtrack (which also featured The People That We Love by Bush). The song is called Ordinary and even after all those years since a first played the game, it's still one of my all time favourites. It's a shame that their only major label album, Disconnected, didn't get the promotion it deserved, because they could have been a much needed breath of fresh air in the alternative rock scene. Needless to say, The Buzzhorn disbanded shortly after the release...


However, all of a sudden eight years after, they decided to reform. The line up will be "consisting of 2 original members Ryan Mueller – vocals and Todd Joseph – bass. According to their announcement the band will start rehearsing and writing new songs on the 1st of November 2011." [1]

Ordinary
I used to know the lyrics by heart...


Rhino


This news just made my day. Your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. wow! I use to play NFS2 all the time!! Another video game band that I loved that broke up shortly after their appearance in a game was automatic black 'crash and burn' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDdFCTAsreQ and also the explosion 'here i am' http://youtu.be/h7hkGyw9AlM

    ReplyDelete
  2. @st. tropez, I don't mean NFS 2, I actually mean the sixth one of the series... but good tips nonetheless :) NFS soundtrack were my gateway to music, I started listening to lostprophets, story of the year, etc. thanks to them...

    ReplyDelete