Wednesday 17 August 2016

Maylene & the Sons of Disaster

Been listening to Maylene for a while now. Heard them first on a compilation CD back in '09, and they've been kinda growing on me since. They have a kind of southern hard rock mixed with metal sound. Like if George Thorogood decided to start screaming metalcore vocals instead of singing. Maybe that's not the best description. Like always, give a couple songs a listen and decide for yourself.
Here's a song from their first album, also my initial introduction to them. "Tough as John Jacobs":

From their second album, here's "Raised by the Tide":

Their third album is the only one I owned for a while, so I love pretty much every song. I'll share 2 of my favorites. Here's a song with mostly clean vocals and good ol' Southern rock n' roll vibes, "Listen Close":

And here's "Oh Lonely Grave":

They have a 4th album out, but I haven't gotten to listen to it yet. Let me know what you think of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment