Saturday 19 October 2013

Turin Brakes

Turin Brakes is one of those bands that Sparkle introduced me to back in the day, and although I could never call myself a huge fan of theirs, I've given their albums a fair couple of spins during the years. Namely the songs like Fishing For a Dream or Last Chance stuck in my mind.

The English duo has recently released a sixth studio album called We Were Here. What's it like? Well, it's pretty much like all their other albums. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. If you're craving some acoustic indie/folk rock and all your Augustana CDs feel highly overplayed, chances it will suit your mood.



On a sidenote, this is the 300th post on this blog, we're three years in and still counting. Back in March 2010 I honestly didn't think it would last this long. Thank You for all the support. Here's to hoping we make it to post #1000 one day. :)


3 comments:

  1. I use to love this band back in the "painkiller" and "underdog" days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what do you think of them now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are still good. Need to spend more time with the new albums to truly make an opinion of it.

    ReplyDelete