Tuesday 10 September 2013

Five Star Songs: Side

To celebrate the release of a new Travis album, let's look back at one of their most famous songs to date, Side, from their 2001 album The Invisible Band. The very first time I heard (about) Travis was actually when I saw the music video for Closer. But it was only when I listened to Side, that I fell in love with them, and, well, the rest is history. Travis became one of my all time favourite bands, and since then, I awaited all their albums eagerly. It's a shame they haven't released that many of them over the recent years. On the other hand, if they are all as good as the last one, then I'm okay with it.

Few songs ever havve been so unbelievably catchy and so immediately likeable, and Side is one of those I could never get tired of.

2 comments:

  1. Travis also has some really great music videos.

    Always like to hear people's firsts with bands! My first Travis song was "Why does it always rain on me".

    ReplyDelete