Monday 29 July 2013

There Goes Our Love

I used to love White Lies by the time their debut came out. I spinned the album heavily, along with music from Editors and Interpol. Those were my post-punk days... Unfortunately, their sophomore effort failed to excite me and I cared very little for them ever since.



However, this summer, White Lies are back with their third record, and judging from the two new songs that I've heard so far, it should be pretty good. Perhaps a bit in a Sam's-Town-era Killers way. Fingers crossed. The album comes out August 12. Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Have you listened to an album so much that there are times you can't listen to it anymore? I think that's how I am with their debut. I love it, but I listened to it so much I needed a break. I really like this new song and the video for it. However, when I showed my brother, he's still skeptical because of their last release. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tastes change. There are albums which I used to play all the time, that I don't listen to anymore. To Lose My Life was one of them. But there's no aversion or anything. I just moved to other stuff.

      Delete