Thursday 30 May 2013

Editors

I just found out that Editors are releasing a new album in July. I have no idea how this news could be escaping me for so long. Anyway, here's the first teaser of their fourth full-length record, a song called A Ton of Love. Had I not known it was from Editors, I honestly wouldn't recognise them. It sounds so much different from anything they have released so far and completely contradicts the direction they had taken with In This Light and on This Evening.

I wasn't impressed with the song at first, but after a while, it grows on you. In Tom Smith's own words, the band was going towards a more straightforward sound of bands like R.E.M. or Arcade Fire, and the album was mostly recorded live. Nothing wrong with that. The Weight of Love comes out July 1st. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment