Saturday 23 February 2013

Sound City

Well, I just saw Sound City and must say it's rather brilliant. If you have at least a vague interest in rock music of the past forty years, go watch it now. Besides Dave Grohl expressing his love of analog recording, there's also a whole lot of valuable history lessons about making some of the best rock albums in history from the likes of Rick Rubin, Butch Vig, Stevie Nicks, Tom Petty, Krist Novoselic and fuc*ing Rick Springfield. Even Paul McCartney shows up near the end. You can check out the incredible list of albums that were made there on wikipedia.

3 comments:

  1. After reading this, I can definitely say it adds to the excitement. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After checking, it's not playing near me, so I will have to wait for it. :(

    However, I saw Warm Bodies last week and quite enjoyed it. Not sure if it is your type of movie, but if you check it out, I hope you like it! The soundtrack was pretty great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's only in limited release so they may not play it at all. But it's already available for download...

    Warm Bodies isn't exactly my type of movie, but it does look quite interesting. However, it doesn't even have a release date here and I doubt it will.

    I'm still catching up with the oscar contenders. With so many tv shows I watch and all the other things I do, I just have to prioritise. I found time for Sound City, though, and don't regret it one bit. I liked how it shows the work of producers (rick rubin and butch vig talk a lot in it), the soundmixing process and everything. It's really great.

    ReplyDelete