Saturday 3 December 2011

Introducing: Alpha Rev

After months of wondering what to post about, trying to find the right band and the right amount of time needed to post something, I have finally figured out who to share with you guys. I figured from time to time i'd drop in with a band I enjoy that I hope you guys will enjoy as well. Some you may have heard of, others of them you won't know anything about. So, here is the first installment of st. tropez section titled "introducing".

Alpha Rev: In 08, during the myspace boom, they were ranked as one of myspace's top unsigned bands, and were even given the crown of top unsigned band in all of Texas. In 2010, Alpha Rev released their first major label CD, New Morning, to critical praise. The lead single, "New Morning" saw success on VH1, peaking at 7 on the countdown, and peaked at 100 on the Billboard Top 100. However, due to horrible push from their record label, Hollywood Records, the disc went unseen by many, even though a number of the songs were picked up by American television shows, and even the computer game The Sims. The band, since the release, has opened up for acts like Pete Yorn, The Script, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Staind.

"New Morning"


"Phoenix Burn"

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic!

    And I mean both, you finally posting and the content... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to the singer, they remind me a lot of Switchfoot, Heaven is a great song too.

    (Yes, my obssession with 60s is over :D )

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, they are a lot like switchfoot. remind me of safetysuit as well. They sound like they are heavily influence by bands like keane and interpol, in my opinion. I enjoy it that its still alternative rock, yet a little more laid back at parts. Colder Months is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interpol? I don't hear that at all... Keane maybe, I'm guessing Coldplay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha i don't know why i typed interpol. i meant coldplay. was listening to interpol at the time lol

    ReplyDelete